Post by Maxie on May 6, 2018 6:05:22 GMT
"So, are you Descendants based?"
- Technically no. Yes, a lot of next gen Disney Rps now are heavily influenced by Descendants and there will undoubtedly be references cropping up every once in a while. But in this world, there is no Isle of the Lost, United States of Auradon, or anything like that. Every canon exists in its own world and the academy is a thing that exists outside of all the known stories that brings them all together. This means that we could have characters who were raised in Medieval England while others from 1930s New Orleans instead of everyone growing up on the same island at the same time. Plus the academy here is heavily focused on having the kids fulfill their parents' roles, unlike Auradon Prep. This means that we are going to have completely different character interactions and motivations than other rps do.
TLDR; A few key elements of Descendants is missing from this RP, meaning that even though we are next gen Disney, we are not considering ourselves based on that universe.
"I really liked [character from descendants], can I make them?"
- Nope. Scepters and Shadows will only accept original characters, not canon characters from movies/shows/books. If you really liked Mal in Descendants, you can make a daughter of Maleficent, but it cannot be the same character.
"Descendants resurrected dead characters, is that also the case here?"
- Unfortunately, in most cases, dead characters in the canon material are probably going to be dead in our world too. Some of the villains who had died in their movies, such as Maleficent or the Evil Queen, were only revived in Descendants in order to be put onto the Isle of the Lost. Since we don't have something like that, there was no reason to bring all of them back. Of course, some of these characters could still be alive if there was a Scepter and Shadows lore based way of explaining it, but for the most part, if they're dead in the canon, they're dead for good.
"Are sequels considered canon?"
- Since some sequels can be obscure, we're not considering them to be part of the canon. So, if you want Ariel and Eric's kid, there doesn't have to be any mention of Melody. Alternatively, if you want a character to have ties to a sequel, we aren't going to stop you.
"Can I have [an animal pairing]'s kid?"
- For all non-human pairings, the parents have to be able to talk in their movies. (So, from Mulan, we could see Mushu's kid, but not cricket's.) They also have to be physically alive (so no toys or cars) and needless to say, they have to be the same species. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense that they exist. Some exceptions can be made if it makes canon sense, such as Wreck it Ralph where their code can be spliced together, but these will be handled on a case by case business.
"Students aren't really my thing, can I make a faculty member instead?"
- Unfortunately, as of right now playable teachers will conflict with possible plot twists down the road. You can make older, college-aged students instead.
"Is there a discord?
- Yes, but at the moment it is only for accepted members and isn't the primary chat for Scepters. After you create your first character and they're approved, you'll be sent an invite link if you want to be part of the Discord.
More will be added as time goes on. If you have a specific question that wasn't answered here or elsewhere, feel free to ask it in the Cbox!